- Stretching has an immediate effect on joints range of motion by means of flexibility. It allows for your muscles and joints to complete the full range of motion, your athletic performance may improve with decreased risk of injury by lengthening the muscle tissues.
- Improves circulation my moving muscle contraction byproducts of of the joints and tissues and replacing it with fresh blood, oxygen, and nutrients.This can also increase energy levels.
- Stress relief is a side effect of stretching. It is usually accompanied by deeper breathing and concentration.Some find it easier to fall asleep when stretching just before bedtime. Another side effect is, it just plain feels good to stretch those tight muscles!
- Morning Stretching shows fewer aches and pains throughout the day as muscles and joints tend to stiffen early upon awaking. Stretching early can prevent some stiffness and pain later in the day.
Menifee Massage Therapy Center provides full service massage, aromatherapy, hot stone massage, and myofascial release. Located in the heart of Menifee, CA, Menifee Massage Therapy Center is ready to relieve you and your family from aches and pains.
We offer hot stone massage for a more relaxing experience, promoting healing, reducing muscle spasm, and dilating blood vessels.
Menifee Massage Therapy Center is open six days a week, Monday through Saturday to serve you. Click here to see our hours of operation.
For most, pregnancy is welcomed, a timeless change for a woman. Her body will go through many changes. Mentally she will have to prepare for changes in her body that may not be familiar to her.
MENIFEE MASSAGE THERAPY CENTER provides full service massage, aromatherapy, hot stone massage, and myofascial release. Located in the heart of Menifee, CA, Menifee Massage Therapy Center is ready to relieve you and your family from aches and pains.
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
- The goal is not to sell here. NO MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED There is no pressure to buy anything because we do not sell anything.The goal is quality massage therapy to get and keep you out of pain.
- You always get the same therapist. The therapist gets to know your personal situation, whether or not you are responding to treatment that is provided. Adjustments can be made and your progress well understood and documented.
- You will have a full 60 minutes on the table. Reviewing health history form, dressing,and undressing does not take away from your time on the table. Coming to the appointment on time or a few minutes early is recommended.
- The atmosphere is not medical. There are no indications that you are just at another doctors appointment. Rather warm with dim lights, and relaxing music.
- For people over 55 we have a discount.
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
The effects of Swedish massage were studied by the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine on the hormonal response and immune function. The study showed in participants of massage had a decrease in the hormones responsible for regulating blood pressure and water retention.The study concluded that Swedish Massage produces measurable biological effects and may have a positive effect on the immune system.
The common cold is a viral infection that can be caused by almost 200 different types of viruses. The symptoms are unmistakable.It can take a few days to 2 or 3 weeks to fully recover.
- nasal discharge
- possible fever
- sore throat
- muscle and joint aches
- high fever
- nasal congestion
- general ill feeling
Thursday, December 19, 2013
Infectious disease: Spreading infection is never a good idea. Massage may seem comforting when you have a cold or the flu but you're actually putting extra stress on your immune system by getting a massage right away, your body is already working hard to fight and recover; with massage more toxins are being introduced to the immune system. Rest may be the best medicine.
Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions may be contraindicated for certain types of massage. If you have heart or kidney failure, more stress can be put on already failing organs.Some medications may also be dangerous. If you are on a blood thinner massage should be very light pressure if even at all. Thinning of the blood can cause bruising and in some cases with certain types of massage internal bleeding.Painkillers can alter someones perception of pain and the amount of pressure given by the therapist. Newly prescribed blood pressure medication may cause dizziness after a massage.Also it might seem like a good idea to get a massage with a new muscle injury but a massage may actually interfere with the healing process.
Intoxication: Drinking alcohol before or after a massage desensitizes your body and again, loss of perception of pain and pressure isn't accurate.Toxins are also being added to the blood stream. One of the benefits of massage is the release of toxins; alcohol is just putting more burden on the kidneys and liver.
Pregnancy: Not all but some therapists do not work on a pregnant women during her first trimester.Some believe there is so much going on in a women's body during the first trimester that massage may simply be to much until the pregnancy is well established in the second trimester.Others believe massage is perfect for some pregnancy symptoms such as; nausea, back pain, and anxiety.
The health history form at the beginning of the first treatment to fill out is very important.Always let your therapist know if there are any changes in your health history.It is rare for a health condition to be contraindication for very long.Massage is very healthy and healing in most cases.
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Insomnia means"lack of sleep" defined as a disorder that interferes with the ability to fall asleep, to stay asleep for an adequate period,or to wake up feeling refreshed.More than 70 different sleep disorders have been defined.
There can be certain triggers that can attributed to transient insomnia. Caffeine taken "too close to bedtime" can ruin a good nights sleep. Alcohol,while being a depressant reduces the quality of sleep.Some medications can interfere with sleep such as antihistamines, diet pills,and some antidepressants.Cigarette smoking can cause a person to wake up sooner from nicotine withdrawal.
Environmental issues could contribute to to insomnia: having a room too hot,cold,loud,or too light can make it to hard to get to sleep and stay asleep.Lack of exercise, working out to late at night, or having a partner that simply snores can keep you up all night.
Emotional stress can mentally be the worst, and to be up all night wondering if and when you could fall asleep.Chronic insomnia can be a sign of something more medical or psychological going on.
Massage can be utilized as a treatment for insomnia,however it may not correct a mechanical or psychological dysfunction that leads to sleep deprivation, but it can improve the quality of sleep an can reduce the mental and physical stresses that interfere with sleep.
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Muscular,tendinous,or ligamentous injury to the head or neck structures
- Simple muscle tension involving the muscles at the the base of the skull (which can feel like all the tension is in the forehead). These muscles are vulnerable to the effects of emotional stress.
- Subluxation or fixation of cervical vertebrae can irritate ligaments or cause muscle spasms, both of which lead to headaches.
- Trigger points in the muscles of the head can refer pain all around the head.
- Eyestrain is commonly overlooked as a possibility for a tension headache.
- Any kind of ongoing mental or physical stress can change postural and movement patterns,which can lead to muscle spasms. Repetitive work situations are frequently the culprit behind chronic tension headaches.
- Vascular Headaches-These are often triggered by food allergies, hormonal fluctuation,and alcohol use.It is a "throbbing" pain with the pulse.
- Migraines-very similar to the vascular headache the triggers tend to be the same. Studies have shown that people who suffer from migraines are frequently deficient in magnesium.
- Cluster Headaches-These are fairly rare, not well understood tend to affect men more than women.
- Sinus Headaches- among the vascular headaches because they also have to do with to much fluid in the skull.The fluid is contained in the sinuses rather than the cranium itself.
- Chemical Headaches-triggered by a variety of chemical imbalances in the body.
For the most most common tension headaches,massage is indicated.These episodes are an excellent opportunity to demonstrate how many postural and movement patterns can create pain, and sometimes even in other parts of the body.It is a good opportunity to talk about making some changes to posture in everyday activities if repetitiveness is the cause of the headaches. Massage here would generally be very quiet and relaxing, in an attempt to release the tension.
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
For the sake of massage therapy, healthy hydrated muscle tissues are supple and spongy with tiny blood vessels that carry oxygen and nutrients to the muscle and through the venous system muscle contraction byproducts like lactic acid and other "metabolic waste"(chemical products of cellar activity) is carried away.
When muscle tissues are not well hydrated they are tight and tense which doesn't allow for good blood flow which has all the fresh oxygen and nutrients that should flood the area.Without proper blood flow metabolic wastes start to build up, having no place to go.Soreness and pain often follow. Especially if there is dysfunction. Tight tough muscles from tension,stress,poor posture and overuse need hydration prior to massage in order to get the full benefit of the massage.Fibrous adhesion in the connective tissue along with the lactic acid and other metabolic wastes can cause a painful massage with little lasting response.
Before a massage drink plenty of water.Plenty being more than you usually drink.Have some throughout that day. To much at once is sent straight to the bladder.Give your body a chance to absorb it. This will help get the blood flowing flush out waste and bring in oxygen and nutrients.Drink plenty of water after to replace the water that was used to rid the body of the toxins.In some cases a person can feel nauseated or flu like from a buildup of metabolic waste. Water helps keep the fluid flowing.